You do not need to be an expert in technology to be able to participate in the Magdala Apostolate. Our staff will work with each community and religious sister to ensure they understand how to work with the technology needed for a live, online class.
Do you need to test the speed of your internet connection? You can do so here: http://www.speedtest.net/. Simply click on the green “Begin Test” button, and wait for your results. We recommend a download speed of at least 3.0 Mpbs, and an upload speed of at least 1.0 Mbps. However, if your internet does not meet these guidelines, we can help. Please contact our staff at 540-635-7155 for further guidance.
The following documents will help guide students as you learn the basic technology for the Magdala Apostolate:
Microphone too sensitive? Too soft? Please use the following documents as reference:
Many of our group communities enjoy connecting their computers to a television, so that they are able to participate in the class and view their professor and fellow students from a larger screen. If you would like to do this, please follow these guidelines:
How to connect computer and TV via RGB or HDMI
– The TV needs to have either an HDMI or RGB connection
– Computer must have either one of these (Older PCs would likely have an RGB rather than an HDMI connection)
– Connect computer to TV prior to powering on (if using RGB)
– Power on PC and TV and select appropriate input (RGB or HDMI)
– Most PCs will automatically pick up a secondary display device however if not you would need to go to settings and select mirror display.